On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 2:35 AM, The MapMyRun Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:Hey Kevin,
Take credit for your workouts!
Your last workout was logged on 2011-04-28. Don’t lose miles, calories or reps. Log your workout and keep your training schedule on track.
See what the MapMyRUN Community has been up to since you last logged a workout:
Total Miles: 3, 147, 000
Workouts Logged 313, 608
Calories Burned: 122, 353, 152
Total Routes: 482, 040
The MapMyRUN Team
Stop pushing me so hard!
You’re right, my last workout was logged on 2011-04-28. That was yesterday. Yesterday evening, in fact. I’m really trying. I mean, I’m aiming for a half marathon at the end of May and that might be a bit ambitious if I hope to come anywhere close to a personal best, but geez, stop pressuring me to run so much.
Here’s what I’ve been up to since the last time I logged a workout:
- I finished off some left-over turkey from Easter
- I took a nap on my couch
- I woke up to watch the comedy block on NBC (yeah, including Steve Carrell’s last episode as Michael Scott. I got a little choked up when Jim said goodbye).
- I also flipped over to watch a bit of the Vancouver Canucks game, but man, I hate those Sedin twins.
- When I was watching the Daily Show, I discovered an ice-cream cookie sandwich in my freezer, so I ate that.
- Then I went to bed.
- This morning I woke up, got ready for work, watched some sports highlights, ate Sugar Crisp for breakfast.
- I deposited a cheque in the ATM on the way to the office and debated asking the newspaper girl out for coffee (I chickened out).
- Now, here I am at the office, being harped on for not running.
This is totally like that time I was in Air Cadets all over again, if you keep pressuring me, I’m not going to do well and then we’ll both be disappointed.
So, MapMyRun Team, just ease off. I’ve just started logging workouts with you. Yesterday’s workout was literally the second one I ever put in the system and you know what? The first workout I put in was actually entered the day before.
I mean, yeah, if I drop off the face of the Earth, gimme a shout to kick me in the arse, but this…this right here, that’s just cruel. A man’s got to eat, sleep and make a living.